"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, August 26, 2013

The end of summer has come. All in all it was a great summer, lots of memories were made, and lots of fun was had.  We spent the last week of summer taking it easy and getting ready for school. Carly had a great idea to make her own Repunzel hair.  It was quite clever.  


Another game of Uno. This game was a huge hit! The kids love it and would play it every night if we let them.  
 *
*
*
First day of school
August 26, 2013
Sam
Kindergarten
He was so excited! Right before we left for school I could sense a little bit of nervousness. He got really cuddly with me.  Taking him to class was bitter/sweet for me.  He's been my sidekick the past two years Carly has been in school.  It was weird dropping off my little man.  He got straight to work coloring the picture on his desk.  I hope and pray that he has a good day!


Carly
2nd Grade
I can't believe she's in 2nd grade!! She was SUPER excited to go back to school. She really couldn't contain her excitement.  She loves school and everything about it. I know she'll have a great day!

1 comment:

Pauline said...

They look so big!! I love Carlys invention of hair, she reminds me of you girls doing that same thing with skirts, towels or what ever you could find to make long hair!!!