"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lately

I've been lazy with the whole blog thing lately. Maybe its because of Summer, or I'm pregnant or I've just had nothing to exciting to blog about. I figured I should write about something, anything.

 Here's my belly at 26 weeks. 
I'm feeling pretty darn good. 
*I even had enough motivation and energy to repaint our master bathroom while Chad was out of town.
*Sleeping is not so great. I'm dead tired during the day but of course bedtime comes and I'm wide awake. I also end up waking up super early. 
*I crave these yummy, pretty healthy chocolate muffins I found on pinterest. I could make and eat them everyday. I also am loving tomato, avacado, cucumber and Italian Dressing for lunch. oh yeah, and a bowl of ice cream in the evening. ;)
*It's hard to bend over and pick things up so I usually have Sam or Carly pick things up for me.
*I have a really weird dry patch of skin on the top of my right hand, not sure if its pregnancy related.
*It's super HOT here, we don't go outside much.
*We went to the lake on Saturday and it felt so good to swim.
*We still haven't decided on a name. We really haven't discussed it much. I actually don't mind waiting till we have him to give him a name. He is "baby boy" right now.
*Carly wants to name him Buddy. As in "Buddy the Elf"
*
*
*
I was cooking dinner yesterday and had my usual helper. I thought it might be a good idea to take pictures, after all, I don't have enough pictures of this little cutie ;)

eating snacks while I cook

 Begging for more to drink, while I try to cook.
 getting into our "lovely" curtains. (the people in this house before us obviously didn't have small children)
 Pulling the rags off my stove for the one billionth time
 putting the rag over her head while she tries to walk around (she had walked into cabinets and walls too many times to count.)



 The aftermath of the tent in Carly's room. (we needed the kitchen chairs back)  Carly and Sam have spent many hours keeping busy in her room this summer.
 Annie and Sam playing together


 Carly, trying to clip her own toenails
and last but not least, Sam throwing soft balls at Annie while she runs away screaming (happily)
These are the days for sure.  I am trying to soak in every minute and be grateful for every minute, every mess that is made, every fight I have to break up, every tear I have to wipe, every diaper I have to change. It all goes by way to quick and I just don't like it.  Before I know it I'll be sending this sweet little "baby boy" off to school and it breaks my heart.  I look forward to the future, I look forward to no more potty training, no more diapers, no more late night awakenings but......I will miss my life as I know it right now in this moment.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

I love all the pictures, they are growing up way to fast. Pretty soon you will be in dad and I's shoes, with them all grown up and family of their own. It is bitter, sweet.
Love you guys!!

The Isoms said...

Nice to see a day in the life of the Mclane kiddos.
Love you guys!

Des said...

It's so true. They grow up way too fast. I am so happy for the day that I decided to just "Enjoy the Journey". Love you!