"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, June 4, 2012

I have a 1st grader now!

Carly had her kindergarten Graduation/program on the 29th.  She was so excited and couldn't wait to sing all of her songs.  I still can't believe we've already made it through her first year of school. It flew by and now I have a 1st grader!! I'm no going to lie, I got a bit teary-eyed watching her up there on that stage. 
Carly is......well....there are so many words to describe her. 
Sweet, loving, dramatic, loud, caring, sensitive, energetic (that one is an understatement), HUGE personality!
As hard as she can be at times and as much as we butt heads I still love her so very much! I hope she knows and will always know how much I love her and how proud I am of her. At such a young age she is a huge example to me.  She is a leader, she knows what she wants and isn't afraid.



***

 Now, onto Miss Fussy pants. I've decided that this will be her new name. She will no longer be known as Annie unless she decided to shape up :)  I don't know if it's because it's been four years since I last had a newborn but I don't remember either of my babies being as fussy as she is.  She may look sweet and innocent but don't be deceived. Her days are split up like this.
30% of the day she cries
10% she pukes
10% of the day she poops
20% of the day she eats
20% of the day she sleeps
5% of the day she lays quietly
5% of the day she'll let other people hold her
It's funny though, I really haven't been too frustrated or felt overwhelmed.  Maybe it's because she's my 3rd, maybe because she took a while to make her appearance, maybe I've learned a little patience??? Who knows, but it is tiring and is starting to wear on me.  I have a feeling that something I'm eating is causing her to be so fussy.  I was bound and determined to breastfeed only this time around.  It's so much more convenient and it's so sweet to have that one one one time with baby. But it's very hard knowing that what I am feeding her may be the cause of all the crying.  Hopefully I can figure things out sooner rather than later and we can get her tummy troubles figured out (if that is what it really is.) It's so sad to hear her cry all the time and not know what the problem is, who knows maybe I just have a baby who likes to cry?


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!
Carly was really sweety with that skirt! \^_^/

Francesca (from Verona, Italy)
http://unblogacasoilmio.blogspot.com

Pauline said...

Little fussy pants is a cute one, love to cuddle when she lets you. :) It will be sad to leave in a few days.

Des said...

Well, have mom tell you about the article she read about what they found in breast milk and you may want to give her some formula. ;) It's no wonder our babies are fussy when our breasts soak up all of the toxins in the air. Not trying to scare you or say you shouldn't breastfeed. I still think it's the best route to go. :) Love you and I hope that miss fussy pants stops being miss fussy pants really soon.

Cami and Mitch said...

Sorry to hear about fussy Annie. I love/hate newborns for that reason. It is so hard to know how to help them sometimes! Hope you figure it out and she starts being happier :) Your kids are all darling.