"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Carly Girl turns FIVE!!

Her birthday isn't until tomorrow but I figured I'd do a little shout out to her today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS CARLY!


3 yrs.


2 yrs.





I think I post this picture every year but I just love it!





5 yrs.














Some things about Carly:



*She is so excited for school. She talks about it at least once a day.

*She knows no stranger. She'll talk to anyone and everyone! Going to the grocery store is quite a task with her and takes twice as long. Everyone is her friend.

*She sleeps when it's dark and is awake when the sun is out and can't understand why i would want to sleep during the day.

*She's always been so active and still is. It's no wonder that she sleeps so good at night.

*She is a lover of all things outdoors. She is constantly finding grasshoppers and will keep them in her backpacks.

*She loves to tease her brother.

*She has an amazing memory (but only when it's something she wants to remember)

*She loves to sing and will sing herself to sleep almost everynight. She is also a shower singer.

*She loves to draw and color. She loves to copy words that she sees.
*She would eat all day if she could.

*Her hair gets so tangled and she screams everytime I try to brush it.

*She gets excited over everything!

*Her teenage attitude is appearing too early and I'm afraid we'll have some rough storms ahead of us. But.....I'm glad she is strong willed, I just hope I can help her use that for the right reasons.

*She still thrives on a schedule. If something is out of place in our bedtime routine she can really freak out.

*She always wants to have a party.
*She loves to collect things in backpacks, bags, or buckets.

*She likes to pick out her clothes. (not so sure I like that)



I sure love her. I know most days I don't appreciate all the good things about her but she is so special and I'm so glad she is mine. She has challenged me in so many ways but I have learned so much about myself and life since I became a mother and she was the one that gave me that gift! I hope she always knows how much I love her!








Looking through all our old pictures I found this gem. It's amazing what you do for entertainment with your first child (and first dog)

6 comments:

Des said...

Oh, poor little Skipper. :(
That was a cute video though. I can't believe she's going to be 5! She is so grown up! I am glad she likes to sing- maybe she can sing a duet with her favorite aunt someday. :)
Happy Birthday Carly! We miss you! Can't wait to see you guys.

Pauline said...

I have not seen that video before it was cute. And I can't believe how old she looks in the pic of you two together. Dang they are all growing up to fast.................Grandma says STOP GROWING!

Pauline said...

Grandma also says HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carly Q we love you sa much!!!!!!!!

*ShaRisE* said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BIG SHE LOOKS!!!!!!!!! It is soooooo not ok! She is such a pretty girl! I miss her!

Emma said...

Happy Birthday Carly! That video is so cute, poor Skipper.

And this isn't going to surprise you but that list about Carly, I could just copy & paste that onto a list about Andrina. It's CRAZY to me how much a like they are, everything on that list is the same with Andrina!

Cami and Mitch said...

cute! You have a 5 yr old! We are so old!