"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, April 16, 2010

coulda woulda shoulda

I don't know what it is about Spring this year but it has really got me reminiscing about my Grandpa (passed away last summer) I guess maybe it's because I bought flowers the other day to plant in our front flower bed and I couldn't' help but think about those many times when we could go out to his greenhouse and pick any flower I wanted to take home with me. (Of course, It didn't stay alive very long.) I can't help but be sad at how much I could have learned from him about gardening and flowers. All my life I can remember his greenhouse full of flowers. I loved going out there and feel the warmth of the greenhouse, feeling like I was somewhere tropical. I loved looking forward to those times where we could eat fresh cucumbers, green peppers and peas straight from his garden. I feel optimistic that maybe someday I can have a garden as great as his was and maybe, just maybe grow flowers like he did. Until then, I have these pictures to enjoy!




7 comments:

The Isoms said...

Ok SNIFF SNIFF!
I think a lot about Grandpa when I see flowers or eat fresh peas. His were the best!!!
I hope that one day I too can have the land to plant.
Great Pictures!!
Love ya Grandpa H!!

Pauline said...

Ok that wasn't fair at all. I was thinking of him today as well when I was out there trying to get my garden in. I will have a garden as good as his or close to it. I am sure he will help me with it. :) And the bright spot in all the hard work today was hearing Carly say that she wanted to come to grandmas house that made my day.

Kirk and Joan said...

He had extra talent with the gardening didn't he! I'm glad you have beautiful things that remind you of him.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Des said...

Same feelings here. I am really sad about the fact that I have to go and find somewhere else to get my flowers this year. Every time I work in my yard I think of him. A lot of the stuff I got from him did not survive under my "not so green thumb", but my rose bushes are thriving and will always be a reminder of him.