"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, January 29, 2010

Grateful thoughts....

Today was cold. (46 degree or so, I know....poor me!) anyway....I made soup. Potato soup. YUM! Now, onto better things.....
I am grateful for school and that I have a little girl who loves it!
I am grateful for bicycles and that I broke down and spent the money for this little girl. She loves it and does really well!

I am grateful for good deals! I picked up this little baby (the car, not Sam) at Goodwill for $7.99. That's right, I said $7.99. It was kind of pathetic how happy I got.


I am grateful for stickers (and all the simple things in life) that occupy my children (for an hour, no joke) It was definitely worth the $3.00 I spent on the sticker book!

Most of all I am grateful for my kids. I don't show it as often as I should and I have to remind myself on certain days that they are truly a blessing that I should never take for granted. I'm not going to lie, some days it's hard to remember that, some days I just pray that I make it through the day (which I always do, so that right there is proof that prayers are answered)

I Love them!

BTW: I just got called to be the Beehive advisor in church. I'm pretty excited, I was the same thing for a year after we first moved to Texas. So....any thoughts, helps, good web-sites will be greatly appreciated!


5 comments:

Pauline said...

Congrats on your calling YW is alwasy fun it can be busy but fun. I love those two cute little faces that have stickers all over them. And it looks like Carly is doing good on her bike. When did you get that for her?

Des said...

YW is a blast and you will do great. I will email you some links of some helpful sites. Hey, I would have been pretty excited about finding that car for $7.99 too. That is awesome! Love you guys!

The Isoms said...

What a smokin deal on that car!
You will be a great YW leader! How fun!
Those two faces are extremely cute!! I too have to remind myself...daily...that kids are a blessing.

Natasha Wheatley said...

I'm grateful for your kids because they make me smile every time I see them! :)

Peyton and Jayce said...

Kelcey was just called to young womans also- I think for mia maids-
What a fun calling! Hope you love it!