"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, May 15, 2009

Lots of Pictures

Thanks to Chad's laptop I'm able to finally post pictures of my trip. We had so much fun! We were very busy but I got to see a lot of old friends and family. It was nice to spend time with my brother and for my kids to spend time with their Uncle. I'm sad I didn't plan it better so I could see my little sister Graduate or my big sister's new baby, but we had fun and we already miss everyone!
Above: Just a silly picture of a silly little girl.
Below: Two excited nieces waiting to see their Uncle Dan get off the airplane!

I stole this (below) picture from my sister.

(below) A walk down memory lane. This is where it all began. This was where Chad and I first lived right after we were married. It's not the one right on the street but the one next to it. They look alike. We have some really great memories from this place. We had to hook up our clothes dryer on our back porch because there was no room inside. We couldn't run the washer while taking a shower or else we'd get dirty clothes water come up through the drain. We got our firsts pet fish and our first two pet kitties here. I miss this little 400 square foot cottage but I could never go back to it!


Below: This picture is out of order but for Mother's day we had a girls night (on Saturday) We had pedicures and went out to dinner. It was so much fun and so needed. It was fun to be with my mom and my sisters.
(below) Celebrating my Dad's birthday with my Bro-in-law's graduation cupcakes!

Below: My Grandpa Holt has always had a huge garden and green house as long as I remember. I have yummy memories of eating fresh peas, cucumbers and green peppers straight from the garden. Sometimes we would even pick out our own flower we could take home (to kill) I love going there whenever we have the chance. It always reminds me that someday I want to have a garden as big as his. I honestly don't know how he does it at 80+ years. Carly had fun running around in the greenhouse pretending it was a forest.





This was the cake I made for Sam. I had the hardest time deciding what to make but the monkey turned out cute and it fits his personality.


This was at Pirate Pizza (or something like that) It's a new place in St. George that is really fun! After some confusion with our order and then Carly dumping our whole pizza on the ground we decided we should do cake and ice cream somewhere else :)

Sambo man is One!



It's crazy to think a year has come and gone since our little man was born. It has flown by...a
little too quickly, my baby is soon becoming a toddler and I don't know how much I like that. He is so fun and quickly learning his independence. He loves to walk and is now trying to run. He loves to play outside and he loves to be with Carly. He dances whenever he hears music. He has started to cuddle with us but only for seconds at a time. He has four teeth. He will eat pretty much anything. His smile is contagious along with his cute little giggle. He hates getting his
diaper changed. He loves bath time and would probably stay in the bath for an hour if I let him. He wiggles and moves like crazy, even in his sleep. We sure love this little man!

8 comments:

Kirk and Joan said...

Wow - you crammed in lots of fun in a short time! You Fowlks folks are just party animals!

Ashlie Dalton said...

Where is Pirate Pizza... St. George??
Looks like you guys had tons of fun! Also, your cake you made was cool. I want to learn how to make cool cakes.

Cami and Mitch said...

Danette-that cake is SO cute! I love it. Your kids are cute too, I am still sad I missed you in St George.

Pauline said...

It was tons of fun to have you here we miss you as well it is way to quiet around our house now. I guess I need to talk Daniel and Sharise into fighting or yelling and screaming or something because it is quiet. It was good to have Chad her the short time that he was.

The Isoms said...

glad to see some pictures! What a great time to bad it had to end :(

MOM- If your house is too quiet I've got to WILD, LOUD monkeys that would LOVE to come over!!

Des said...

The cake turned out really cute. Wish we could have come down to celebrate that portion of your trip, but we had a lot of fun while you were here. We miss you! And no... I'm still not going to tell you! :)

Peyton and Jayce said...

I cant believes he is already one- I remember you being here last summer with a little newby- They are the cutest little kids!

Emma said...

Those are all great pictures! That close up of Sam is so sweet, I can't believe he is already 1!
I am glad you had fun in Utah, you sure did a whole lot!
And your Grandpa's green house is so cool! I want one.