"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to you....

2 years old
Carly 4 months old



My Carly turns 3 years old today! It's amazing to think that I have a one year old and a three year old! Am I that old?!? Seriously though, I think this birthday is a bitter sweet. Along with the Independence she has gained she has also gained a butt load of attitude that I'm not quite sure how to deal with. Where has my sweet little girl gone? I ask myself that question at least 10 times a day. Her new favorite phrases are as follows:
"NO!"
"Don't say that mommy!"
"Don't spank me mommy."
"No Sambo!"
(all of the above said with major attitude)

Her new favorite hobby is taking toys from Sam and then hitting him.

Enough with the bitter...now on with the sweet. She now will say "I love you mommy" at random moments. I love to hear it because it doesn't happen very often. She often compliments me on my hair or the clothes I am wearing. She loves to sing and sometimes she'll even dance. She loves playing with bubbles and play dough. She can count to 13 in English and 12 in Spanish. Every now and then she'll bust out a new Spanish word she learned from Dora and it surprises me every time. She likes to have you tell stories to her before bedtime and sometimes, very rarely you can get her to tell you a story.
Well...I think that is enough for now. I sure do love this little girl.
(pictures will soon follow)

4 comments:

Josh & Leslie Warner said...

Wow! 3, that is crazy. She is such a cutie. I sometimes surprise Josh with the spanish I learn from Dora, but it is not as cute coming from a 23 year old as it is coming from a 3 year old. Well I hope she has and awesome birthday and yummy cake.

Des said...

If you're old, what does that make me? I'm about to have a 10-year-old!?! All I can say is good luck. If she's anything like Abbie, her attitude will get worse with age. And they just keep learning more words to use when they talk back to you. Aah, the joys of motherhood. It's a good thing they're so stinkin' cute. . .

The Isoms said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
What? Attitude? None of my kids have attitude. LOL LOL LOL

Pauline said...

None of my grandchildren have attitude what are you all talking about. They are all the sweetest little things in this whole world. :)