"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, April 30, 2009

What a trip!

I am in Utah. I never thought I would make i. I flew out Tuesday. My flight was scheduled to leave at 2:35. Well, Chad dropped me off with the kiddos. I made it through security by myself with no major issues. I found the gate and found some seats next the he window. Well...it turned out that my flight was going to be pushed back about a half hour. "no big deal" I though. I had lots of stuff to keep the kids busy. Carly had fun watching the airplanes and striking up conversations with complete strangers. Well...about 40 min. after we were suppose to be in the air we finally were able to start boarding. I got on the airplane...found our seats...well, the lady we were sharing the row with decided she wanted to take the window seat which was suppose to be Carly's. I was a little worried because you have more wiggle room when your by the window. Well, it turned out this lady didn't speak any English. Well...we got settled on the airplane. Carly made friends with he lady that didn't speak English. Thanks to Dora the Explorer Carly is bilingual :) She ended up calling this lade "Abuela" (grandma) I found out she was from Guatemala. With a lot of hand gestures and he little Spanish that speak we were able to communicate a little. She ended up giving Carly some money from Guatemala. She called Carly "bonita" She was an Angel. This lady saved me from a lot of stress. Well....back to the crappy part of the trip. We sat on the airplane, it started backing up when the pilot announced they forgot to check the brakes...so we pulled forward..they checked the brakes...after about 20 minutes we were headed out again. We taxied to the runway, when the pilot announced we had to go back to the gate because there was still an issue with the brakes. So we went back to the gate and after about 20 minutes they announced that we had to get off the plane and get on another plane. I wanted o cry, and I almost did!! This was my worst nightmare. By this time we would've only had about 40 minutes left of flight if we had taken off on time. Well, we got off the plane, they couldn't get me my stroller so I had to lug two carry on bags, Sam and try to keep Carly near. We had to hike to another gate and wait...yes...wait for another plane to come in. So after about 25 minutes another plane arrived and we started boarding again. To sum things up..we made it o Vegas about 2 1/2 hours late! I am so glad that is over!

7 comments:

Marci said...

hey your in st. george then? if so we should get together in town you, rayni and i, and meet at the little water park thing and chatch up for a bit and let the little kids play...let us know if you have any free time!

Emma said...

What a nightmare! I would have cried! I am glad you made it! I hope the trip back is a lot better!

wheaties said...

W-o-W ! I think Tash would have cried and refused to get off the original plane :).

I hate airports and flying -- what an uncomfortable, awkward, stressful way to travel. No such thing as an easy flight.

The abuela de Guatamala made my day, I could hear Carly saying "Yum Yum Yum DELICIOSOOOOOO!!"

Dave and Natasha said...

Wow, what a mess! I'm glad you made it in one piece and without too many breakdowns! ;) If you come over to your sister's house you'll have to stop by here and say hi!

Stephanie said...

YOU are my hero!! HAHAHAHA Umm ya...prolly would have broke down and cried!! :)

Cami and Mitch said...

haha, I almost did cry just reading the story! I know that's weird. Anyway, we are going to be in St.George Monday and Tuesday. Will you still be there?

Natasha Wheatley said...

Andy is wrong. I probably would have punched someone in the face... and then cried! At least Carly had some fun with "abuela" lady. That kid is hilarious. Remember- you HAVE to fly back even though at this point you don't want to. Girls night must continue! :)