"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

today....

Today was one of those days where the kids didn't get dressed, I really didn't get dressed up, we didn't go anywhere but it was still a pretty good day with some bumps along the way. I bought a little bubble blower the other day, I never knew how much of Carly's time it would occupy. I would've bought it months ago! She has played outside pretty much all day yesterday chasing bubbles and she did the same today! I used to just give her a bottle of bubbles and let her outside and she would walk around the yard blowing bubbles everywhere. Half the time she would come crying for a new bottle of bubbles because she accidentally spilled hers. It got really old, so I saw this and thought it couldn't hurt to try it out! Sam even loves it, he'll play outside and watch the bubbles.
Sam loves Carly's Dora couch. She doesn't love that he loves it but I love the way he sits on it!

This is Carly's art. She has been really getting into drawing "things" instead of just scribbling.


7 comments:

Cami and Mitch said...

Your hair cut is way cute!

Pauline said...

Love the picture Carly drew it is great and I love the picture of Cool Man Sam on the couch :)

The Isoms said...

Sometimes its nice to have days of not having to get dressed! Love the pictures of the kiddos outside!
What a stud Sam is and he knows it!
Carly is becoming quite the artist...very good :)

wheaties said...

Haa Haa!! Sam sitting on that couch totally cracks me up!!

The bubble blower is something we will have to keep in mind as well!

Mike and Melissa Farr said...

They are so cute! Love the pic of Sam on the couch! He's just chillin.

Natasha Wheatley said...

Haha, Carly's drawing cracks me up! It reminds me of when she was making sculptures out of her "pay-dough" last Saturday.

Emma said...

Those kind of days are my favorite. And looks like the artist in Carly is taking after her Mama!

And I love your new do! But really, I've never seen a bad cut on you!