"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, July 31, 2008

We made it home!

I am glad to say we made it home with no major tragedy. The flight went well. Sam slept the whole way and Carly managed to stay happy (most of the time) even though it was so late. I had a lot of people offer to help me which was a nice relief! We had so much fun in utah visiting family and friends but it is sure nice to be home!
This is a view from a park we went to. It can't get any prettier than that!
Here are some random pictures from the trip. We were able to to to Salt Lake and celebrate the 24th of July. We spent that afternoon at my grandparents and ate some good food and let the kids play in the water.

This was at the conference center in Salt Lake. I had never been inside there. It is really pretty inside and out!

These pictures were in Grandpa Holt's garden. It is amazing! Carly helped pick potatos from the garden.

These were taken at Main Street Park in St. George. (they started building all the cool parks after I moved!) Carly loved this place. It was so hot outside that I'm sure it felt good to get soaked! Sharise thought it would be fun to let Sam experience the water. I'm not quite sure what he was thinking!

These are pictures of Carly and Sam and my friends Natasha's kids. I thought it would be fun to get a picture that shows just how small they are! I thought Sam was small until I saw her cute little ones!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

I love the pictures of grandpas garden they are priceless picture. Next week email the picture of Carly and grandpa he will enjoy that.

The Isoms said...

It was so FUN having you guys here!!! Thanks so much!!! I am glad the kids had a good time playing (most of the time)!

Des said...

We miss you guys! The picture of Carly and Grandpa Holt is really cute. I can't believe how huge Sam looks next to Natasha's babies! Ellie is like a giant to them! I'm glad you had fun on your trip, but it is nice to be home again, isn't it.

Emma said...

Wow, you guys stayed busy there! How fun to see so much of your family during the holidays!
And Sam looks like a giant next to Natasha's little babies!
And I am glad your flight went well, you are a brave woman!

Marci said...

sounds like you had so much fun...i wish i would have know you were coming here i would have set up a time to see you, next time tell me cause rayni and i both want to see you!!