"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, June 18, 2007

It's almost offical!

The front, it is located in a cul-de-sac, which is great! There is a detached garage.
A veiw of the back yard. They are leaving a wood burner in the pavilion so we'll be able to have some good bar-b-q (once we learn how to use it!)

Another view of the back yard and the oh so pretty pool! WE will definatly be getting a fence for that since Carly loves water!
The living room. We are going to replace the carpet in here and eventually we are going to do something with the fireplace. It looks really dated but it's not bad. I especailly love the built in book shelves!
The kitchen. We will remove the wall paper and repaint. Eventaully we want to re-do the floors in here to, but that will be down the road a bit. The precious owners remodled the kitchen.

Well, this is it. It's almost offical. We should close on it on the 29th, which I am so excited about. These are the pictures they had on the internet. I will definatly take more once we get in there. There are a couple things we are going to change at first which is the carpet in the living room and we are taking down the wall paer in the kitchen and bathrooms and we will paint, paint, paint! I love to paint so I am excited! We really love that it is in an older subdivison so there are a lot of trees! The house was built in 1973 so there are little things that need to be done but that will be fun. The onyl big project we will have are re-modeling the bathrooms (once we get the funds to do so!) I am way excited..plus the back yard isn't infested with crawfish, which is defiantly a plus for me!

7 comments:

Pauline said...

That is awesome I am so excited for you guys. You sign on the 29th when will you be moving? I could certainly come and help if you need the help?

Kristen said...

How exciting!! I am jealous of the pool! I would die for one! Congrats, good luck on closing!

Crystal said...

How exciting! I like older neighborhoods too.

Emma said...

Is is so cute, I love it! I am so excited for you! Being a home owner is far better then renting, and with a pool? Lucky!
So are you all packed up and ready to go!?

Danette said...

Are you kidding? Me, packed and ready to go? We'll probably wait until the last minute like we do with everything!

Dave and Natasha said...

How cute! I love the backyard! Well, once you get to move in you will stay busy for awhile painting and stuff, it sounds like! Have fun and good luck!

Des said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for you guys. It will be a lot of fun to decorate your own place. You must have got the painting gene from me because mom definitely does not like to paint!