"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, April 2, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

well...it's raining yet again here in good old texas. It seems like it rains here at least twice a week and now the weather is warming up so it's rainy and muggy! I just don't know how i'm going to do another summer here. At least I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding like last summer, hopefully that will make it a little bit better. I used to like the rain when I lived in utah, only because it was a rare occurance, but now that it happens almost everyday (okay, not every day but it feels like it) I am beginning to hate it with a passion. We have a backyard but we can't enjoy it because half of the time it's a lake. I should look on the bright side and think about swimming in our lake but no...we can't do that because of the crawfish and fire ants that live in our grass. Did I mention that our house is being surrounded by bugs. Everytime I look out the window there is some new species of bug that is crawling across it. Whenever I walk out our kitchen door, a wasp decides to come and say hello and whenever we walk in and out by our front door we are greeted by a nice spider couple who has decided to make that spot their new home. Doesn't that just make you want to come visit us?? Okay...i'm done complaining.

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Thats ok complain all you want we will listen to your complaints. We will try really hard to bring the sunshine with us in May. I would like to enjoy the Sun while there also.

Emma said...

Oh how I wish I had your weather problems! We just heard on the news we could get up to 6 inches tomorrow... I could cry!
I'm sorry about your bug problem, that bits. Here in Minnesota we have big Mosquito the size of my big toe, and Japanese Beatles (the look like lady bugs but they stink really bad) The whole spider thing would put me over the edge!

Crystal said...

So maybe I don't want to move to Texas. The constant rain would make me crazy too!!

Danette said...

your good if your thinking of San Antonio. I love San Antonio because it reminds me a lot of St. George. It rains way less than houston.

Des said...

I don't do bugs, so sorry, I will never be able to join you in Texas. I have a great bug man that comes once a month to keep my house a bug free zone. Just think, only a week and a half and you will be in St. George for a bit to see all of my cute kids! (Okay, you will see Brittany's cute kids too) But we can't wait to see you guys and to give Carly tons of squeezes and kisses!