"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, June 6, 2013

some updates




Just wanted to do a little updating before I forget
I got to fly up to SLC last week for a couple days to visit with family. It was just Annie and I so it was somewhat of a mini vacation for me (or so I thought, Annie was a little stinker most the time and would freak out if I left her sight, but aside from that it was relaxing)  Earlier the month of may we found out my Grandpa (known as Grandpa Great to my kids) found out he has a form of Leukemia.  Totally unexpected (who really expects that though)  At first they gave him 2 months so I Immediately searched for the cheapest tickets I could find (which weren't very cheap) Luckily after his first round of chemo they realized he may just last a little longer than what the doctors thought. Such a blessing! So, I probably didn't have to rush up there but I'm so glad I did. 
I also go to visit with my Grandma Holt and finally get a picture of her and Annie together. Surprisingly Annie leaned in to give her a couple kisses. 
I stayed at my sister's house so I got to spend time with her while she recovered from her own surgery and also with my nieces and nephew and my mom who drove up from St. George. 
My dad and another sister made a short trip as well so It was nice to spend time with them. 
It was a quick trip but so worth it! (the weather was especially welcoming!)
*
*
*
I'm 16 weeks pregnant today. 
*Still too lazy to take a picture and half the time I haven't showered so I'll probably be lucky to get a picture before 20 weeks.
*The sickness has subsided quite a bit which is a nice relief. Instead of all day it tends to hit maybe once a day and then leave shortly.
*I think I've been feeling some movement but still not quite sure if it's baby or just gas (tmi?)
*I really haven't gained any weight which could be from the lack of appetite I've had. I'm slowly getting an appetite but only for certain things.
*I mostly crave mexican food. Mostly from Chipotle.  I also will eat most fruit.  I have now started feeling like eating salad.  The thought of pizza kind of grosses me out as well as buttered toast.  I also haven't been a fan of chicken this time around.  
*When the sickness subsided the sleepiness came.  I seriously need a nap everyday. Not that I always get one.  I could also go to bed by 8:30 every night.
*I have a gut feeling that it is another girl.
*This pregnancy seems to be crawling. November seems like so far away but then realizing that I'm almost halfway puts a smile on my face.
*
*
*
One quick story I wish I had a video camera out for.
This morning Sam, Chad and I were talking in our bedroom. (Carly at school, Annie still sleeping)  We were asking Sam "What if the baby was a girl?" He was adamant in saying that "the baby is a boy"  We really couldn't convince him otherwise.  We then asked "Will you still like the baby if it's a girl?" He said yes.  We then decided to pull a twist and say "Well, ya know, if it's a boy you'll have to share Daddy with him." I wish I would've video taped Sam's reaction. The wheels in his head were turning and he had such a worried look on his face. Like, the thought of having to share his dad with another boy was the worst thing ever. That may or may not have changed his mind about wanting a baby brother. 

3 comments:

Des said...

Love that story about Sam. I can just picture his face. Sharing his daddy would not be fun for him for sure.
I LOVED having you here! It was so much fun! I probably shouldn't say this because I will jinx it, but we really want to come over Spring Break next year, so be prepared! I love you! Glad you are feeling a little better.

Pauline said...

Oh Sambo man, having to share his daddy is not in his plans at all. Too funny. It was fun seeing you and Annie, can't wait for our big Vaca hope you don't get tired of us after 2 1/2 weeks, but we are way excited.

Emma said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Cancer sucks.

I still forget you're pregnant at times. I feel like November is a lifetime away!