"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

11 Months











 Fluff, she LOVES it when Annie is in the grass. She gets a little carried away if you ask me but Annie doesn't seem to mind.






I can't believe Annie is almost a year old! I'm sad to think of how fast her first year of life went by.  She is really such a sweet little girl and definitely less high maintenance than what she used to be!

*She crawls like a pro and wants to walk so bad! She cruises along furniture as much as possible.  She has tried to stand on her own a handful of times.
*She loves food! Baby food, grown up food, any kind of food and she'll usually eat it! I can't really pick one of her favorites because she'll eat pretty much anything we give her.
*She's not really liking the bottle much anymore. 
*She can hold her bottle and sippy cup but can be lazy about it.
*She's started throwing little tantrums when things don't go her way. She'll shake her head and throw her body around.
*She sleeps through the night.
*Naps can be tricky. She's unfortunately been leaning towards one nap. ONE! I'll lay her down for morning nap and she'll just sit and play. I get her out and usually don't end up laying her back down until 1 or 2. She'll then sleep for a couple hours which is great! But, then she is ready for bed by 6:30 or 7 which is a little early. So we end up dealing with some grouchiness before I give in and put her to bed at 7:30.  I can't complain too much because she'll sleep in until 7:00 the next morning.
*She is babbling like crazy. Still isn't really saying real words but she jabbers all the time.
*She loves watching the older kids play. She wants to get in on it so bad. 
*Her favorite place to hang out is in the kitchen which usually involves her getting stuck under the table or a chair.
*She loves bath time but now wants to stand up all the time.
*She loves to be outside. She loves riding on the lawnmower, 4-wheeler, Polaris. If it has a motor you can count her in.  With Chad as her dad you can't really expect anything else.
*She's had a super runny nose this past week.
*Her top two teeth finally poked through, it took FOREVER!!

I just love this little girl so much! Each of my kids have challenged me in different ways and helped me learn new things about motherhood. With Annie I've learned (still learning) to just enjoy every little moment. Even in the beginning when she cried non stop for months I kept reminding myself that stages come and go, they don't last forever. I know I won't remember every little thing about my kids but it makes a difference in my day/week if I remember to just enjoy the stages they are in instead of waiting for the next. 



3 comments:

Pauline said...

Annie is such a cutie, I can't wait to hold her for the few seconds she will let me!!!!

The Isoms said...

Can't believe shes almost ONE!! Crazy! She is such a cutie! You need to come sleep train mine!

Callie said...

I love Annie! These pictures are too cute!