"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, February 11, 2013

9 months!

I've been slacking on the blog lately but at least you know you'll get the monthly update on Miss Annie.



 (She looks ginormous here!)




Annie at 9 Months:
*She doesn't show much interest in crawling. She'd much rather just roll everywhere.
*Hasn't really pulled herself up to the standing position either. I'm OK with that!
*She has sat up by herself from lying down. (only twice)
*She loves to try to stand by herself.  She'll keep trying to push my hands away when I'm holding her in a standing position.
*I've been working on "kisses" with her.  For the first time last night she leaned over to give me a "kiss"  It was adorable and it made my day!
*She has been a bit clingy and grumpy the past couple days. She could be getting more teeth?
*She only had her two bottom teeth so far.
*She is a good eater but still loves to have a bottle. She can feed herself little snacks.
*She's a good napper as well, but if her morning schedule gets thrown off (Thursday's for Sam's preschool and Sunday's early church) The rest of her day doesn't go real smooth.
*She loves to growl.  She'll also say the sounds "da da da" and "ba ba ba"
*I haven't taken her to her 9 month check up but we weighed her on our scale and I think she weighed 22 lbs.
*She is wearing clothes that Carly wore when she was 18 months.
*She loves to be swung around.
*She is quite difficult to get to laugh. You really have to work at it sometimes.
*She is still leery of other people besides Chad and I.

I think I say this every month but I am just so grateful that she came into our family! We just love her to pieces and I seriously can't kiss and love on her enough! 

4 comments:

Pauline said...

I LOVE all the cubby pictures of her. She won't be leary of Grandma when she sees me next, because we bonded last time. :)

Des said...

I want to kiss her too! We need to Skype again soon. :)

Emma said...

Oh my word, those first couple of pictures are so cute! Love a naked chubby baby!

fyi- Axel weighed 22 lbs at 9 months, too! If she continues to grow like this, I will pray for your back!

Unknown said...

I LOVE these pictures! The first is priceless!