"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Utah and tonsillitis cellulitis and abscess and Brother's wedding

Carly loves Chantelle's "princess" dress.
Me and my Sisters and Brother.

The kiddos with their Aunt Sharise and her friend at the Temple
My mom and sister (des) made the girls' skirts.


The newlyweds!

So, we made it to Utah. We left last Tuesday morning and made it by Wednesday evening. My throat decided to start hurting Monday evening and by Tuesday morning it was horrible. I figured it would go away but all Tuesday in the car I was in major pain and couldn't eat anything. Tuesday night I barely slept (strange hotel room and sore throat=no sleep) By Wednesday morning my throat, ear and head ached. I was in so much pain I didn't know if I could make it. But I had no choice but to get in the car and drive. Luckily Chad doesn't mind driving and he drove most of the way to Utah! By Wednesday night I thought I was going to die. I dropped my kids, hubby and luggage off at my mom's and drove into St. George to visit with a Doctor. He figured it was Tonsillitis cellulitis and abscess (I thought "can you speak English?) Anyway....my lovely sister (who is a nurse at that office) gave me two shots of antibiotic (in the rear) and I was prescribed some pills to start the next day. Well, things didn't get better, they got a little worse. By Friday (My Brothers Wedding) I was so done with it....I had some pain meds that I took so I could make it through the wedding at least. That afternoon, before the reception, I was able to visit and Ear, nose, and Throat doctor that I used to work with. He then proceeded to agree with the first doctor on what it was and then proceeded to put me through the most horrible pain I've ever felt in my entire life! He numbed my throat (not enough) then took a needle to see if there was any pus in my tonsils......low and behold...there was.....so he then proceeded to lance my tonsil with a knife....A KNIFE.....and eventually drained out 10cc's of pus! I thought I was going to die. Luckily I had my sister at my said and I'm pretty sure I almost took her hand off!! The crappy part of it all was that I wasn't able to go to My Brother's reception which I am totally bummed about! Today I woke up (after a restful night of sleep) and I felt like my old self again (almost!) I hope I never have to go through that again.

On the other hand My brother and New sister's wedding was beautiful. They looked so great and I am so happy for them!!

5 comments:

Dave and Natasha said...

Wow! That sucks! I hope it heals quickly and doesn't come back! All our neighbors have gotten sick and last night Aaralyn started getting sick too. Crap! I was hoping to avoid all the sickness this winter!

Peyton and Jayce said...

Im glad your feeling better- it stinks that you had to go through that!

Pauline said...

Glad your better it stinks you had to miss the reception but you were at the most important part of the shindig. :)

Des said...

I hate that you had to do all that. We missed you at the reception. Too bad you couldn't be there and see Dad in action. (hee hee)

Emma said...

oh that sounds awful, even more so because you had to miss out on so much fun and family. why did it have to happen then?
i hope you get feeling totally back to your good old cute self again!

and congrats to daniel & chantelle! they make sure a cute couple!