"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, November 16, 2009

since we've been gone.....

We haven't been up to much since we've been in Utah. After a round of sickness and all of us fighting either a cold or allergies, we've just been chillin' at the house most of the time. Last Saturday we ventured out with my family and took the kids to a movie. I have NEVER taken either of my children to a movie. I take that back, the last time we took our child to a movie Carly was (probably) 7 months old.
We went and saw The Christmas Carol. We probably should have gone to a more kid friendly movie but oh well. Carly lasted about 5 minutes and Sam didn't make it past the previews. Luckily we had some foot space so they could walk back and forth. I enjoyed the movie though, I was able to watch most of it. Let's just say I won't be taking my children to a movie again for a while (unless it's something I know Carly will like)



Here's Mr. Sambo before church. He's so handsome, although he didn't want his picture taken that morning.
My mom and sisters. We went to Time Out for Women here in St. George. It was pretty great! It was nice just to have time away with my family and with no kids!!

4 comments:

Des said...

Sam does look handsome, the little man. Sorry about the movie fiasco. You can blame Chad for your kids restlessness, right? They definitely don't get it from their mother.

Emma said...

look at all the beautiful fowlks girls! i went to TOFW & loved it, i'm glad you could go too!

sam looks like such a big kids since you cut his hair, crazy!

Pauline said...

It was great being with the Fowlks girls the times are far and few but love it when it comes. I love those two little cuties of yours.

Kirk and Joan said...

It was fun to see you and your cute kids the other day for lunch. They were really friendly - maybe they can sense that all Grandmas are good!