"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, October 26, 2009

Tooting my own horn....


WOOT. WOOT.
This has been (by far) the most tedious project done so far. I saw the pattern on etsy and fell in love with it. I debated for about a week whether or not I wanted to tackle it but I finally decided to give it a whirl. After lots of cutting, lots of sewing, lots of pins poking my fingers, 129 squares and a lot of unpicking...I finally finished it yesterday! She loves wearing it because it twirls really big. After a test run of wearing it this morning I have to re-sew a couple places that came loose. I don't think I will be making another one of these for a long time!


9 comments:

Pauline said...

You don't want to make matching dresses like that for all the little girls they would so cute in them. :)

Des said...

LOVE IT! Bring the pattern with you when you come. I have to tackle that one.

Shellie said...

Great job!!! I love checking your blog and seeing what project you've completed next. You are such a busy mommy! I love it and give you much credit cause I don't know where you find the time but you find it somewhere and all your projects are great!!!

Cami and Mitch said...

Danette, that dress is amazing! I need to put my sewing machine to better use

Mike and Melissa Farr said...

So cute!! I can see her twirling in it!

Dave and Natasha said...

Wow! Good job! I love the material you picked! I think I need to get going on costumes for my kids... I just haven't decided if I want to tackle that project or just buy some.

*ShaRisE* said...

i didnt know you were so into making stuff! Is that what being a mom does to ya haha..

Peyton and Jayce said...

I think your nuts- since I HATE to sew- but it is beautiful and you deserve a huge pat on the back for that! I wonder if it would look as nice if it were hot glued? (I prefer that to sewing- LOL)

Cristina said...

So darling! Great job!!