"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sam with an ice cream mustache.
Carly and Sam watching a squirrel from Carly's window.



The other day Sam weirded me out a bit when I had to wake him up at 10:30a.m. (he went to bed at 8:00 the previous night) All he wanted was for me to hold him, he didn't want me to put him down, he didn't want to stand up. He was like a limp noodle that couldn't keep his eyes open. I got him to eat some toast and OJ and he perked up a bit. He still took a nap from 1-3 and then went to bed at 7:30. He woke up at his normal time the next day. Who knows that the deal was. It was kind of nice to have a child that just wanted to sit still!


Carly's handprint butterfly (we are reviewing letters A-E this week)



My Halloween table runner that I whipped up last night (never thought I would say that!)

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Your are getting pretty good at that sewing thing that is awesome. I am glad that Sam is feeling better that is always a worry when they do wierd things like that. And I love Carlys butterfly.

Des said...

cute! Don't ya love it now that you can just whip things up? I wish I had more time to whip things up. I need to start saying no to a few things or I'm going to lose my "whipping things up time" altogether!

The Isoms said...

Love the two of them watching the squirrel!
I am glad Sam was alright...how weird.
Love the butterfly
I love love the table decor! So cute! Maybe someday I will get a sewing machine...but they hate me.