"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, September 11, 2009

What we've been up to...

So, this week has been a weird one. One minute I was happy, relaxed and the next I would be freaking out at Carly or Sam for something! This could be a "ladies days" problem (hilarious episode from Everybody Loves Raymond BTW) At times all I wanted to do was close myself in my room and be selfish and do something that I wanted to do. I'm sure most of us get those days. (not so much fun for the kids I'm sure) Today has been a better day, I tried to start off with a positive attitude and so far it's been going smooth!
Here is my first quilt that I made. It's very small. I didn't want to do a big one for my first one. I am really proud at how it turned out. Thanks to my friend Tasha ,who got me started, and the world of You Tube I finally finished it last night.
Here is one of the clips I made for Carly. I saw some on Etsy and thought I'd try it out. I am pleased at how well they turned out. She was excited to wear her "new bows"

This week I've been doing the letter B with Carly. It's a bit tricky for her to write, she's almost got it down but here is our Blackbird puppet we made.

6 comments:

Dave and Natasha said...

Cute projects! How did you make the bows? They look like wool!

Natasha Wheatley said...

I didn't even know that you finished the quilt!! It looks great!! I knew you could do it! :)

Pauline said...

The quilt, the bows and the blackbird are all so cute. You did such a great job on your projects. I still am working on my quilt not going so good. I cannot get motivated to do anything right now. It is driving me crazy.

Des said...

Danette- you are such a great mom. Just wanted you to know that. The quilt turned out really cute. I think you need to teach me how to bind. The binding looks great! Usually when I get to that point I am so sick of it and I want to just get it finished so I do it too fast and it shows. The bows are darling and I think it's so great that you are taking the time to do fun little projects to teach Carly the alphabet. That's how they learn the best, not with worksheets. So give yourself a pat on the back and know that even though we get grumpy sometimes, it's ok. Mark always says for every bad experience you have, make sure you have 5 good ones and then they remember the good more than the bad. You're awesome! Love ya all.

The Isoms said...

Cute, cute blanket!

Love the bows! I need to send Lucas's christmas sock to you!! I will put it in the box with sams clothes.

You are a great mommy! I NEED to do more stuff like that with my kiddos, but I lack the motivation and creativity :-(

Peyton and Jayce said...

Love this post Danette! Love the quilt- the bows- the puppet- And I love that you are honest about having bad days here and there!!