"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, April 15, 2014


My two babies. I know this time in my life will be fleeting. I know I've done this before with Carly and Sam being so close in age as well but with these two it just seems so much more challenging. Possibly because I don't remember all the little details that I got stressed over when Carly and Sam were little. 
I love these two. I try to remind myself every day to enjoy this time in my life because before I know it these two will be off to school and I'll be left alone, as enticing as that sounds.
Most days I find myself just happy if I get dressed, in actual clothes and not sweats and a t-shirt. I consider it a good day when I'm able to keep the kitchen clean (forget about the rest of the house, that just doesn't happen)
I find myself going from one baby to the next (I think we all can agree that Annie is still a baby with needs almost as demanding as Eli) It's a struggle to find a balance between giving Eli the attention he needs and the attention that Annie desires. 
I hate the fact that I am grateful the other two are in school. I love them and miss them but it's a challenge for those couple hours after school until bedtime. I try not to just go through the motions. I try to connect and have real conversations with them but some days it just doesn't happen.  Some days I pick them up from the bus and then don't really see them until bedtime. 
Four kids has been a challenge to say the least but each day it gets better and easier. Each day I find myself being able to accomplish just one more task than the day before. 
I will miss these little faces one day. Just like I miss the little faces of Carly and Sam. In a way, it's kind of fun to be reliving what my life was a couple years ago. 
I am beyond grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mom to four awesome little kids. Each one so different from the other. Each one teaches me something different. 
I love this job (even if I get woken up every two hours during the night)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't imagine anything greater than what you are doing now! Women are so hard on themselves, aren't we. You articulated all the same feelings I remember having and poof its gone. It seems like it will last forever and then you wake up and they are off to school. Remember to reward yourself!! Stop and rest your tightly strung bow. :)

Pauline said...

You are awesome, you are a great mom, can't wait till I can come and take one off your hands for a bit!! You have got that right, it is a fleeting moment and they are gone!!! So enjoy all you can in the here and now!!! Love Ya