"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Part 2

We were able to drive north and spend some time in Amish country.  It was beautiful. My only regret is that we couldn't make it when the trees were blooming and the grass was green. It was so neat to see their simple lifestyle and their gorgeous farms!


 We stopped in a town called Bird in Hand at their little bakery.  It was so fun and they had way too many yummy things to choose from. We loaded up with goods and headed on to the next town. 




 This Market was after we went to Hershey. We heard about this market from a local and couldn't wait to check it out. From first appearance it didn't look like much.  We made our way inside the building and my thoughts were changed. It was amazing how many vendors were there and how many different products were being sold. I wanted to buy everything!! We ended up buy some yummy chocolates ( I know, like going to Hershey PA wasn't enough) some handmade soap, homemade potato chips, doggie treats, jerky, and some fruit. I really wish I couldn't taken this Market home with me!







The whole gang (minus Chad's parents who had to stay back at the RV camp for some repairs)

 Going on this trip I didn't realize just how close to Hershey PA we would be.  When I found out we were staying within a half hour or so from there I knew we had to go!  We only made it to chocolate world (they have a theme park but it was closed for winter)  They did have a cute, FREE, little ride (it reminded me of the little kiddie rides at Disneyland)  It went through the process of how they made their chocolate.  The kids LOVED the ride and fortunately it wasn't crowded so we got to ride it a couple times. Plus, they gave you free chocolate after the ride.  I ended up going home with a T-shirt and sweatshirt (I'm a sucker I know!)