"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

another trip to Utah

We just got back from Utah Sunday evening. I must say I'm glad to be home! I'm so grateful, however, to have been able to travel to Utah to see my little sister get married! I still can't believe it! She looked so beautiful and so happy! 

 Above: Just one of the ways we kept busy on the long car ride.

 Miss Annie did so great in the car.  I was so relieved!








 All the pictures Above:  We took a drive the Monday evening we were there to Kolob Lake (I think)  it was so fun! Minus the driving next to the cliffs (I really hate heights)  The lake looked beautiful with all of the golden yellow leaves on the trees. The kids had a blast playing near the water.
Below: Annie was able to meet a lot of family while on this trip.  I don't think she really cared either way but I had to get pictures to document it :)
 My Aunt Cherie from Mississippi
 Giving Grandma Great lots of kisses
 Meeting Kirk and Joan
 We had to take a family picture while we were all matching since the last one we have was at Annie's baby blessing.
 Meeting my other Aunt Cheri.  Little Miss "Waannie" was a little pill for her and cried every time and eventually ended up spitting up down her shirt! Sorry Cherie!
 Cute sisters!!

 My handsome Sambo Man
 Sharise and I at the reception

 Just some of the cookies we made the week while I was there. I think we made 180 sugar cookies.
 Meeting Aunt Susie
 Cute Cousins!


 All the little girls fighting over Grandpa



 Annie was so done by the end of the night.

***

 First taste of Carrots.  She gobbled them right up.

This little guy below is our newest baby! I picked him up this morning.  We have been waiting two years to get another daschund.  After Skipper died we wanted to get another inside dog but we didn't really have a place to keep a puppy (a place to contain all the accidents)  We told ourselves that as soon as we had a laundry room we'd get another one. Well, we got ourselves a laundry room. He is adorable (what puppy isn't really?)  He even came with the cute pumpkin sweater. 


***
Below are pictures my sister-in-law Chantelle took at the wedding on her phone which she was nice enough to share!


The family- Minus all the spouses
All the cute girl cousins. I think I was feeding Annie at the time.


The newlyweds and all the cute little cousins!

My siblings! I Love them!!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

I love all the pics, it was so good having you here. It was great having all of us in the Temple at the same time. Can't wait to hold that cute little oscar.

Des said...

So glad you made it home safely! It was so fun to see you and finally meet Annie. I am super bummed that I didn't get a picture with her!!! What was I thinking?
Cute, cute and super cute puppy. :)
Love you guys!