"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, September 10, 2012

Annie 4 months old!!


Annie is 4 months!
Crazy.

*I'm loving this age right now.  Annie has the biggest smiles, but most the time she'll make you work for them. Unless she is really really happy.
*She also has started to giggle but again, she'll make you work for that too!
*She pretty much sleeps through the night. She'll go down around 8:30 and wake up anywhere from 5:30-6:30 and most days will go back to sleep for another hour or so. 
*Her naps are a different story.  Every day is different. Some days she'll take awesome naps and other days I'll have to work to get her to sleep only for her to wake up in 45 min. 
It doesn't help that she basically is sleeping in a hallway. Makes it pretty tricky to try to sleep train.
*She still seems to eat like crazy. Maybe I should start rice cereal?  She is doing both breastfeeding and formula. She's never had an issue with the bottle.
*She still spits up (pukes her guts out) Some days are worse than others. yesterday was a bad one. Three bibs in a matter of 20 minutes. YUK!
*She still hates the car.  We have toys hanging for her to look at but that lasts for 10 minutes maybe. Around these parts it takes at least 30 minutes to get anywhere so we get a lot of crying in the car.
*She has to be forward facing in the baby bijorn. (she's been like that from day one almost)
*She always puts her feet together and clenches her toes like the above picture.
*She loves to suck on her hands which forces me to always keep her nails trimmed.
*She still has quite a bit of hair. I thought she would've lost it all by now.
*Her eyelashes are soooo long! I think they are the longest out of all my kids.
*I still don't know what her eyes will be. Some days they look blue and other days they don't.

We sure love this little gal. She has definitely tried my patience at times already but I am so grateful for her and for her sweet/sassy personality.  I can't imagine life without her.


(She finally fits into the little bloomers I crocheted. Happy day!)



"Really mom? More pictures?"

She was done.






2 comments:

Des said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot wait until October!!!!!!!
Hopefully she will let aunt Des hold her at least once. :)

Pauline said...

Good Luck Des! I hope she will let grandma hold her, the only time I got to hold her was when she was sleeping. I have to just keep looking at these pics at that cute face, I think my favorite one is the one in the chair, I wish I knew what she was thinking!!!