"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

happenings.....

 Stink face from a Stinker.
Little Annie is giving me a run for my money. Last week if you asked me if I was done having kids I would have quickly replied "YES!" I realized that immunizations are probably the cause of most of her fussiness and lack of sleep last week. (which was also the week Chad was out of town) This week she has been much better, actually taking naps during the day, being happy when she's awake and not constantly wanting to nurse.

Annie watching the other two crazies dance.

Chad having fun with the kiddos in the mud. They LOVED it, as always.

We are starting the next part of construction on our house. Two more bedrooms, two bathrooms and a laundry room. It's a big addition which will take at least two months (hopefully not more) We are so blessed to be able to do it and get the kids out of the nasty old bathroom that we were using. (You don't even want to see the mold that was growing behind the walls of the bathtub. YUK!) I was so glad to say good-bye to the carpet in the bathroom, the nasty bathtub and the small closet with a toilet.  Before it was all torn up we let the kids go to town coloring to their hearts content. They had so much fun! 
More pictures to come as the work progresses!

6 comments:

Pauline said...

I am glad you are getting rid of that mold maybe the kids allergies wont be as bad, I hear that is way bad and can make people sick alot. Hopefully that will help. Can't wait to see the progress. Good luck!

Pauline said...

Oh by the way, I love that stink face from your stinker and I am glad you had a better week, I hope it continues for you.

Des said...

That is seriously one of the cutest pictures ever... love it. I also love that you let your kids paint all over the part of the house being torn down. So fun. :)

Emma said...

I kind of love that little stink face!
& Mom of the Year goes to you! What a fun idea! Can't wait to see pictures of the new bathroom, sounds well deserved!

texasalarm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
*ShaRisE* said...

MY HOME!!!!! I miss it!!!!!