"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, May 4, 2012


38 1/2 Weeks

I just wanted to jot some things down because time is flying and before I know it, this baby will be in my arms.
*My last two pregnancies I was induced 12 days before my due dates.  I am now 10 (almost 9 days) before my due date and I'm feeling so so so ready!
*I have mixed emotions about this pregnancy coming to an end.  It felt like an eternity before I got pregnant this time around and it has flown by.  For the most part I don't mind being pregnant. (minus the first weeks of sickness) I remember with Sam I couldn't wait to have him.  I was not ready to be pregnant so soon after Carly and so I didn't enjoy being pregnant.  This time around I have tried to focus on the good.  It truly is a miracle and I am so grateful and feel so blessed that we were able to get pregnant this third time around.  I feel sad that it is coming to an end, and yet relieved it is coming to an end because the next step will be holding my new little gal. Maybe I'm also a little afraid as to what will happen the next time around?? Was it a fluke that it took so long to get pregnant, will it be difficult the next time as well?? (Obviously those are questions I don't need to worry about right now)
I just feel like I really can appreciate and understand how special the whole process is now verses the way I felt being pregnant before.
* I am due the 14th, Sam's birthday is on the 12th and they set up an induction date for the 10th.  I originally planned to not be induced this time around since there was really no need for it.  My doctor mentioned to me that she would be willing to as long as I wanted to.  The closer to the end that is got the more enticing the induction sounded. So, that is the plan so far.  I could be holding my baby girl by next Thursday! (plus, I am really thinking that I would go into labor on Sam's birthday, which obviously wouldn't be the end of the world but I'm already dealing with three kids' birthdays in one month. I really didn't want to have to deal with double birthdays on the same day. I know, I'm spoiled that I even have the option to choose)
*This past week I've had time where it felt like I had morning sickness again. I've also been so tired.  I fight to stay awake during the day and yet when bed time rolls around I have a hard time falling asleep. I don't get it.
* My stomach literally feels stretched to the max.  This baby really has no more wiggle room (although she still wiggles and moves like crazy!)
* I get winded so easily. I can't stand it!
* I mowed the lawn the other night on our ride on mower. I plan to do it again and again. Hopefully it'll start something??
* I still can't believe I'm about to have a baby.

4 comments:

Des said...

I can't believe you are going to have a baby this week!!!!!! I am so sad that I can't be there with you. :( Stupid long distances....
I can't wait for you to not be pregnant anymore. Your tummy looks very uncomfortable and I remember that pain well. Love you!

Emma said...

Oh my goodness, she is almost here! I love that picture so much.
Reading all that reminded me of myself a year ago, it flies by! I hope you can get some rest before baby comes! Good luck little mama!

Pauline said...

Awww man, it is hard not being there when this little cutie will be born. She will be a whole 12 days old before I get to see her and hold her. Hope all goes as planned and that you are holding her before you know it. Love you

Peyton and Jayce said...

It is so exciting! I hope everything goes well! Cant wait to see pictures!