"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Jack the donkey and crafts galore!

We had a little visitor this morning. We were in the kitchen clearing up the kitchen (not sure why this is underlined!) Nelly started barking like crazy and this is what we found out back. It's our neighbors donkey named Jack and obviously the kids just love him!


I have had so much motivation this past week and when motivation hits I take full advantage because I never know how long it's going to last before it vanishes.

Below- I have wanted to make THIS pillow for the longest time so I thought i'd give it a go. I'm somewhat pleased. The stuffing I used is pretty lumpy. They'll probably only last till after the holidays and then I'll find a new place for them and replace them with some pillows with color. I'm tired of looking at brown and beige in my living room!


While in Utah my sister cut me some vinyl letters. It's the first verse in "Home can be a Heaven on Earth." I just love that song. I was originally wanting it above our bay window area but the wall was too textured so I had to put it in our entry. I think it works well and now I just need to find a little table or something extra to add to the room.




Today we had a girls craft day! It was so fun and I can't wait to do it again! For the craft day we made the blocks with the vinyl words on them and then I made the turkey's tonight while Chad went to a movie. I just loved THIS turkey when I saw it I knew I had to make one. It made it even more appealing when I realized I already had everything I needed to make them!






2 comments:

Pauline said...

Those turkeys look cute there. I love the picture of the kids with Jack.

Emma said...

I love all those crafts you've been doing! Add that to the list of why we needed to be neighbors forever.. think of the fun we'd have!!