"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Having fun!

With my Sis being in town we've actually been getting out and doing stuff. We've done plenty of shopping and the kids have done plenty of playing!

This was the play area at the Houston Galleria. Always a great place to shop and not so scary to get to! (I'm not too fond of driving downtown Houston)
Below are pictures from The Health Museum. I've never heard of it until we looked online last night for stuff to do. It is a really cute place, it's small but the kids loved it and I actually enjoyed it as well!




While my sister and her friend shopped at the Galleria I took my kiddoes to eat. I figured the Rainforest Cafe would be the best place because the animals would do the entertaining and I would be off the hook. I was pretty much right, Carly played with the elephant pretty much the whole time and Sam just stared.


Another playplace at a different mall. My kids have never had so much mall playtime in one week!


I bought some cheap make-up at Forever 21 and thought Carly would love playing with it! I was right! She loved the green and the purple. Awesome.

(BTW I feel somewhat ashamed of my mess in the background with clean laundry piled on my bed and a pile of clothes on our floor because we don't have a dresser yet, it makes for a messy bedroom!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm SO sorry! It's my fault you have clothes on your bed, I take complete responsibility. How about I get the dresser to you before you get home. :)

Emma said...

perfect, add those to the list of places to go to when we come for our visit, some day..

and please. never apologize for being a normal person. right this moment i have 3 loads of laundry calling my name, i feel no shame.

Pauline said...

That i'm sure will be Carly's profession Make up artist :)