"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mixed Feelings....

Good-Bye "Blue House" (as Carly calls it, I don't even have a picture of the front of our house)
*
Hello New rental house (which we haven't even seen yet)
I'm pretty excited but sad at the same time. It will be hard to go home to Texas but not really go home to the house we are used to. I feel guilty that my kids won't get to say good-bye to their bedrooms (I know, they won't really care!) I'm worried at how they'll adjust to going home, but not really to a routine or house that they are familiar with. Plus, I'm not really fond of change....don't get me wrong, I am SO SO SO excited to be moving on with our plan...on to the next step which will hopefully get us closer to our final goal (our final goal for a place to settle)
So....here is our game plan
*rent this house for 18 months- 2 years and hopefully saved up enough money for a down payment for a house on Land (I'm only talking like 5 acres here)
In the meantime, this house will be great, it might get a little cramped, were downsizing a little over 1000 square feet (I think) but it's on 1/2 acre. It'll be fun, not to mention it's close to family which is a plus!


4 comments:

Pauline said...

It looks like a nice house and I can see where your coming from it would be hard to go home but not home. By the way that Santa on your background page is a little scary :)

Danette said...

I know, I would change it but I am too lazy!

wheaties said...

I really like the new place -- I am excited that you live so close to the 'woods' so Chad and I can go have all sorts of boy fun :).

It is just too bad it wasn't 35 minutes to the east of the blue house instead of west...

Emma said...

Beautiful new home! That would be weird to go home to some place new but I'm sure your kids will bounce back just fine.

And I love that you said you were downsizing. If I downsized my home 1000 sq ft,we'd have -80 sq ft! Haha!