"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A little bit of this and that...

The past couple weeks have been full of swimming and more swimming. It has been so nice to be able to enjoy the pool this summer (last summer I was too wrapped up in a newborn I didn't have much time to swim) Almost every afternoon when I lay Sam down for a nap Carly and I head outside for some pool fun! She LOVES it and can't get enough of it.
On a side note I just have to thank my dad again for helping put up the pool fence (last summer) It has been so nice to enjoy being outside with my one year old and not have to constantly block him from the pool! Thanks again pops!


Our little Sambo has turned into quite the climber. He has now mastered climbing our coffee table, our fireplace and now the staircase. His most favorite thing to do is climb the outside of the stairs....thanks to the example of his older sister! He also has become a fan of eating. He has always loved to eat (well....ever since he was introduced to real food) He will eat anytime, anywhere and pretty much anything! If you don't want to share your food then don't let him see you eating. He will practically charge at you while throwing his binky from his mouth across the room! He is growing up to be such a fun, goofy little boy and I love it!



This was how Chad and I spent our day date. Ever since he got this little buggy he has been wanting me to go with him and ride. Now that school is out we were able to get a babysitter one afternoon and take this baby out. Chad's parents met us out there. It was fun to have other people to explore with. I wish I would've got more pictures of the trails and the creek but this is the only one we took. Can't you just see the excitement on my face?!? It was actually just excitement because I had a break from being a mom for a couple hours. :)

3 comments:

Emma said...

I have pool envy. It's not even warm enough to even go swimming here yet, dang global warming!
Kevin and I were just talking how fun it would be to have a buggy. I'll add that to the list of reason's we should come visit you!

Pauline said...

Looks like you two had fun it is good to do that once in awhile. I to am have pool envy. I have to drive into grandmas and that is a pain sometimes they never keep that pool clean. Ya know I am low on vit D I need the sun and pool :) Little Sam man is getting to big. I love Carly's Dora suit.

Des said...

I'm glad you had fun on your day date. I will have to try that one of these days.