"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fun with Family!

My sister is here visiting with two of her four kids. We have been busy but we have been having fun!
These are some pictures from when we went to the Houston Zoo. It was horribly hot but we had fun and managed not to get heat stroke!! Carly loved the animals (the ones she could see anyway)
We took my double stroller and then we rented a wagon. Well, all the girls wanted to ride in the stroller.

The Houston Zoo has an awesome Children's Zoo. It has 3 (i think) different playgrounds and then this water playground which the girls loved because it was so hot! I wish I could've played in it! They also had a little petting zoo. Basically just a fenced off area with goats but the girls enjoyed it! Sam enjoyed stretching out in the wagon while the girls played in the water. I carried him around in the snugly and both he and I just got too hot and sweaty. It wasn't fun!


This was at a place called Pump it up. I went there last summer with Carly but this time I didn't have to go up and down with her. She could do it all by herself although Emma liked to help her. Sam just chilled out in his car seat the whole time!

These are just some pictures of Carly showing off her Elmo Boots that Naw Naw (Chad's grandmother) gave her. She is definitely spoiled!




3 comments:

Pauline said...

Love the boots Carly, and it looks like you are all having a great time. Wish I could be there to join in the fun. Can't wait to see you in July.

Ashlie Dalton said...

FUN! and your kids are adorable!

The Isoms said...

Glad to see some pictures of all the fun you guys have been having!
JEALOUS!!!! Ya I am, I will admit it!